“Helping people become lifelong followers of Jesus Christ”
One of the things that this means is that we are called to continue to grow in our relationship with God. We do this through joining together each Sunday to worship and listen to the Word of God, participating in small groups throughout the week, serving in different ministries, and challenging each other to deeper love and discipleship.
Our Mission Statement:
Westlake exists to glorify God through:
- Reaching up in worship, developing a life-changing vision of God’s greatness and His glory;
- Reaching deeper in discipleship, living a life worthy of the Lord, bearing fruit in every good work and growing in the knowledge of God;
- Reaching round in care, providing support that enables each one to realise their potential in Christ;
- Reaching out in evangelism, bringing the Gospel to the English-speaking community of Geneva-Lausanne area;
- Reaching further through equipping, training those who leave the area for a lifetime of Christian ministry, and supporting mission throughout the world;
- Reaching forward to the next generation, helping bring them to faith in Christ and equipping them to live out their faith as they make the transition toward adulthood.
Our Statement of Faith:
As well as other Biblical teaching, the church professes the following basic doctrines and principles:
The divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scriptures as originally given, and their supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
The unity of God in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
The creation of all things, both visible and invisible, by the Word of God; all creation being in, through and for Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God.
The universal sinfulness and guilt of humankind since the Fall, rendering him subject to God’s wrath and condemnation and necessitating the regeneration of his whole being.
The believer’s redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin solely through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, the only Representative and Substitute for mankind; this redemption is received through personal faith in Jesus Christ.
The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
The second coming of Jesus Christ.
The resurrection of mankind, and the eternal blessedness of the redeemed and the eternal punishment of the impenitent.
The work of the Holy Spirit, convicting mankind of sin, bringing the sinner to repentance toward God and Faith in Jesus Christ.
The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit, granting new life and power to the believer and granting gifts to the Church.
The unity and common priesthood of all believers, who together form the one Universal Church, the body of which Christ is the head.
The believers’ common objective to live Christ-centred lives (Ephesians 4:1-3) under the Lord’s authority and to make disciples of Jesus Christ according to His commandment (Matthew 28: 19- 20).
To download and read the following documents: